Cyber attacks may arise in various types. Each one is created to deflect suspicion and bypass security measures. You will not know the protection your business requires unless you understand the type of threats and risks it encounters in relation to cybersecurity.
The occurrence of an attack may reach from a small business to a large one irrespective of the nature of the industry it operates in. The worst thing is that an attack is expensive and consequential in nature.
It is important for all organizations to take cybersecurity seriously and to apply wider protections in place. Howsoever, most of the cybersecurity strategies turn out to be shortsighted and create hurdles as a result.
CyberAttacks Could Put an End to Your business
As big companies have become serious regarding data security, small organizations are falling into prey. And the outcome is turning out to be more devastating for the small scale enterprises. Mostly small businesses do not have extra money to spend on the prevention of data.
As a result, nearly 60% of them are permanently closed within 6 months of the attack. Many of them decided not to make necessary changes to their cyber protection protocols. This is because they were afraid that the expense would be prohibited.
Common Cybersecurity Attacks
Culminating into devastating results can lead you in compromising your data. Thus, making yourself indulged in cybercrimes viz. Stealing of information and identity theft. Some common types of cyberattacks are jotted below:
- Phishing Attacks consisting of Spear Phishing Attacks and Whale Phishing Attack
- Malware Attacks comprising of Ransomware, Drive-by Attack, and Trojan Horses
- Web Attacks such as- SQL Injection and Cross-Site scripting
Also, there are some other types of cyber threats such as-
- Distributed Denial-of-Service Attack
- Password Attack
- Eavesdropping Attack
- Birthday Attack
- Brute-Force and Dictionary Network Attacks
- Insider Threats
- Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) Attacks
- AI-Powered Attacks
Motive Towards your Efforts
It is not possible for most of the organizations to safeguard every asset against every risk. A cybersecurity strategy should focus on the five core areas:
- Firewalls & internet gateways
- Protect configurations
- Easy approach towards controls
- Protections for malware
- Software updates and patch management.
When an organization, have definite cybersecurity resources, it is essential to make application of it strategically. By devoting time and energy to the above mentioned five points, the organization will be able to bounce off the hackers and attackers.
Some Possible Measures to Prevent Occurrence of CyberAttacks
You may find it tough in hiring an outside cyber expert for testing your computer systems and making security recommendations. For this, there are easy and simple steps for you. This will enable you in reducing your chance of becoming a victim to an expensive cyber attack.
By using the following guidelines you can prevent the occurrence of a data breach and reduce the outcomes of cyberattacks
- Training of employees and staffs in cybersecurity principles.
- Installing, using and regularly updating antivirus software on every system which is used in your company.
- Downloading and installation of software updates for your OS and apps once they become available.
- Making backup copies of the most important corporate data & information.
- Controlling physical approach to your computer systems and network parts.
- Securing and hiding your Wi-Fi networks for your workplace area.
- Make sure to obtain an individual user account for each and every employee.
- Limiting the employee access data, information, and authority for installing the software.
- Change your passwords regularly.
Be Ready to Face the Attacks on Your Network
You need to understand the offense for mounting the best defense mechanism. Attackers have many possible means for choosing attacks which results in compromising and disrupting computer systems. In addition, try to be proactive in order to defend and secure your network.
Maintaining an updated antivirus database software, training your employees about the recent updates, keeping strong passwords for your accounts, and using a low-privilege IT model will enable you in protecting yourself against cyber attacks.
After going through this post, you need to consider that your computers are vulnerable and you need to find out ways and means to curb out that vulnerability. Also, you need to safeguard your multifactor authentication to confirm you are in a good environment with the right people