Windows 10 has incorporated a voice assistant, Cortana. It helps you to sort the queries over the voice which take less time than usual. Windows 10 updates keep on updating the voice assistant. But, based on recent reports people don’t have time to use the assistant.
Understanding the situation, Microsoft has given a major Windows 10 update for eliminating the assistant once and for all. But, Microsoft doesn’t have the direct process to delete the assistant. You have to take the help of the shell terminal to do so.
How to Uninstall the Cortana?
Uninstalling Cortana, the dedicated voice assistant application, is one of the most daunting tasks that you have to perform. Before that, make sure that you have to back up your important data somewhere safe before performing this process.
- Click on the “Start” menu and type “Powershell”. After the option appears, right-click on it.
- Now, grant the administrative access by clicking on “Run as Administrator”.
- After that, type the command “Get-AppxPackage-allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | ‘ Remove-AppxPackage”
Wait for a few seconds till the command gets initiated into the registry. You will not find Cortana any more in your system. If you think that is too risky for you, you are most welcome to skip this part.
Steps to Disable Cortana
The uninstalling process is risky, you can also disable the voice assistant. Hopefully, it will be easier for you to use the OS.
- Press Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys together to start the Task Manager. After that, go to the Startup section.
- Select Cortana and hit on the “Disable” option. Close the Task Manager dialogue box and once again open the Startup menu.
- Search and find out the Cortana application. Select it and you will see “More”, click on it to change the application settings.
After the entire operation is done, restart the system to save the changes. Cortana will get disabled automatically but temporarily until you enable it again.